Monday, July 3, 2006

I Wonder...

Rich Johnston (http://www.comicbookresources.com/columns/?column=13) reports that Allan Heinberg's run on "Wonder Woman" isn't so much a run as it is an introductory arc, making way for novelist Jodi Picoult to take the reins.

My initial reaction:



But the more I thought about it, the more I realized I'd never actually heard of a female author writing "Wonder Woman". Odd, that. And while I'm not acquainted with Picoult's work, I do find myself intrigued by the possibilities, as she seems to have at least marginal suitability for the task at hand.

And maybe this means the second season of "Young Avengers" won't be horribly late after all. Though Heinberg's already gone on-record as saying none of his scripts were late (implicating artist Jim Cheung by default), so... well, who knows. I'm curious enough to stick around a bit after Heinberg departs, which is all kinds of Twilight Zone for me considering we're talking about bloody Wonder Woman here.


0 comments: