Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Hell Hath No Fury Like Diana Scorned

Or: "Another Reason Mike Marts Does Not Want To Meet Me In A Dark Alley"

Wow. I never thought I'd be posting this, but I'm dropping "Exiles" soon.

Not because I'm not enjoying it, mind you. But because, in a display of stupidity that is nothing short of astounding, writer Tony Bedard is being replaced by Chris Claremont.

Yes. Chris Claremont.

I don't understand. I really don't. "Exiles" hasn't been this good since Judd Winick left. Everything was going well. Sales were stable. Plenty of stories left to tell. Meanwhile the nostalgic crowd had "New Excalibur" for their Claremont fix and everything else was left out of the endless cycle of mind control and slavery and domination.

And now this. One of my favorite books, being run into the ground by that senile has-been. I haven't been this furious about a comic book in a good long while.

As far as I'm concerned, the series is cancelled with issue 83.


0 comments: